My favorite way to eat clams! In the summertime, hot off the grill, juicy, salty, buttery, and sharp.
Adapted from Ina's recipe.
- 1.5 cups coarse bread crumbs, toasted if possible
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted if possible
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 24 littleneck clams
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Fire up the grill
- Combine the bread crumbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a LARGE serving bowl and set aside. Bowl needs to be roomy enough to toss the clams in.
- Place clams in 1 layer on the hot grill and allow the heat to open the clams. They will open gradually for about 5 minutes, then pop wide open when done. Using tongs, remove the clams being careful not to lose the liquor, and place them in the bowl with the bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle everything with melted butter, toss together, and serve hot.