meatloaf w/ tomato relish & potato salad
gnocchi w/ parmesan, peas and baby bellas
ultimate bbq chicken & mediterranean salad
italian baked chicken and pasta & tomato bruschetta
Good for 4 servings.
Watermelon pieces (seedless is best for this one)
- Put your watermelon in a big mixing bowl and break it down with a potato masher, just so its no longer in huge chunks and can be blended.
- Put as much watermelon in your blender as will fit
- Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes
- BLEND and SERVE!
For ~4 pieces of chicken legs/thighs.
Bloody Mary Dry Rub:
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
20 cranks of your pepper mill
1 can of tomato juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons wooshie sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons of hot sauce
Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the components of our dry rub, and sprinkle generously to coat your chicken pieces. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients that make up our wet marinade/glaze. Bring to simmer and reduce the marinade by half.
- Place 2 rough chopped lettuce stalks in the bottom of your baking dish (the celery should act as a rack for your chicken. We don't want it to boil in its juices, and we want the seasonings to stay on and stick). Set the chicken over the celery and place in the preheated oven.
- After 35 minutes, pull the chicken out and baste with the marinade. Do this twice to create a nice outer crust, over the next 20 minutes or so. Chicken is done when juices run clear.