This was not only the easiest Indian curry chicken/sauce that I have ever attempted, it was also the most delicious. Adapted from www.passionateaboutbaking.com. [Photo above taken from passionateaboutbaking.com]
- 2 large chicken breasts on the bone, each chopped into 4 or 5 pieces
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds and rind removed, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp ground coriander seed
- Generous handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- Combine the garlic, lime juice and zest, jalapenos, red pepper flakes, white pepper and salt, and use this to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, coriander seed, and cilantro, and set aside for later use.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, and cook the onions until slightly caramelized.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown well.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken, and mix to combine.
- Put the lid on and simmer for another 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
My favorite way to eat clams! In the summertime, hot off the grill, juicy, salty, buttery, and sharp.
Adapted from Ina's recipe.
- 1.5 cups coarse bread crumbs, toasted if possible
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted if possible
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 24 littleneck clams
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Fire up the grill
- Combine the bread crumbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, salt and pepper in a LARGE serving bowl and set aside. Bowl needs to be roomy enough to toss the clams in.
- Place clams in 1 layer on the hot grill and allow the heat to open the clams. They will open gradually for about 5 minutes, then pop wide open when done. Using tongs, remove the clams being careful not to lose the liquor, and place them in the bowl with the bread crumb mixture.
- Drizzle everything with melted butter, toss together, and serve hot.
Dough kneaded in the bread machine, hand-shaped into round loaves, then baked in the oven with olive oil brushed over the top and sprinkled with rosemary and kosher salt.
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, cliced
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp. garlic chili sauce
- Gently combine mixture and form into patties
- Heat a grill pan on medium high heat and cook patties for 3 minutes on each side, until no longer pink.
- Serve as a sandwich or break patties into pieces and throw on top of a salad.