Warm and hearty, spicy and cheesy! I usually have most of this stuff in my pantry and fridge so it's just a matter of throwing everything into a pot and letting it simmer away.
Ingredients For Soup:
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 can small white beans
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes 18.5 oz
1 small can whole corn kernels
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
4 hot Italian sausage links
1 flour tortilla, torn into small pieces
sour cream (topping)
shredded cheddar cheese (topping)
Ingredients For Taco Seasoning:
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. coriander
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Heat 1 tbsp. of veggie oil in a stock pot and turn the heat on to medium-high.
2. Remove casings from the sausage links and cut into chunks as big or small as you'd like.
3. Add the sausage, onions, and peppers to the pot and let the sausage brown for 4-5 minutes.
4. Stir in the beans, corn, and tomatoes.
5. Throw in all the spices for the Taco Seasoning. Alternatively, you can use a packet of store bought taco seasoning but watch how much you put in because it may be a bit salty.
6. Pour in the chicken broth and water, stir to combine.
7. Turn the heat to low, put the lid on, and let simmer for 45 minutes.
8. Throw in the torn flour tortilla pieces, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
9. Ladle into a bowl and top with a dallop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.