Autumn, my favorite time of year! The season when the heat subsides and windows are left open for the crisp fresh air to circulate through the home. Neither air conditioning nor heat is necessary for comfort. Thanksgiving is close, but Halloween is closer! Seasonal beers start appearing on liquor store shelves. The outside begins smelling like fireplaces, and indoors it smells like cinnamon and nutmeg. Leaves become crunchy and color the ground! Pumpkin picking, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (9 inch) store bought pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the eggs in one at a time. When everything is mixed, set aside 3/4 cup of the batter.
3. Add in the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice until everything is incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into a 9 inch pie crust. Drop the plain batter by spoonfuls over the top of the pie and swirl using a butter knife to create a marbled effect.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until the filling is set, then refrigerate for ~4 hours before serving.