This here is a spin on Giada's Baked Orzo with Fontina and Peas. Using what I had in the house, I swapped out the mushrooms for pearl onions, and didn't use fontina. These measurements will yield about 4 servings.
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of orzo pasta
2 tbsp butter
1 cup of pearl onions, thawed
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan, then cook orzo until al dente. Pour orzo into a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter in the same skillet, then add the pearl onions and saute about 3 minutes.
4. Add in the Marsala wine and reduce by half (~5 mins), as the onions are browning and caramelizing. Turn off the heat.
5. Add the reduced Marsala, onions, cream, cheese, peas, salt and pepper into the bowl and toss to combine everything.
6. Pour the mixture into a baking dish, and sprinkle the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes, until heated throughout and golden brown.
I imagine that throwing some crumbled bacon or pancetta in the mix wouldn't be a bad idea either =)