Lemon Chicken modified:
1. Boil water and cook pasta no further than al dente.
2. Mix 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Slice chicken into 1 inch pieces across the grain, and bread in flour mixture. Set aside.
3. Clean and slice baby Portabella mushrooms and cut bacon into 1 inch pieces.
4. Cook bacon in a cast iron pan until a good amount of fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Remove and reserve in a big serving bowl.
5. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to existing bacon fat, and cook chicken pieces until brown and juices run clear. Remove from pan and set aside with the bacon.
6. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, and saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes. s&p to taste. Set aside in the serving bowl.
7. Add the juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup white wine to the pan, and reduce by a third. Then add 3 or 4 tbsp of heavy cream, whisk to combine, and simmer for 2 minutes. Then drop in 3 small pats of butter, and swirl it into the lemon cream sauce. s&p to taste. When butter is incorporated, pour the sauce and the pasta into the serving bowl.
8. Toss to combine and serve with:
1. Chop, wash, and dry 1 heart of romaine.
2. Wash and slice 1 Bartlett pear.
3. Crumble nearly 1/4 cup of feta cheese over the lettuce and pear.
4. Whisk together the dressing enough to emulsify: 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 4 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tsp sugar, 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard, Microplane in 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.