This was not only the easiest Indian curry chicken/sauce that I have ever attempted, it was also the most delicious. Adapted from www.passionateaboutbaking.com. [Photo above taken from passionateaboutbaking.com]
- 2 large chicken breasts on the bone, each chopped into 4 or 5 pieces
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds and rind removed, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp ground coriander seed
- Generous handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- Combine the garlic, lime juice and zest, jalapenos, red pepper flakes, white pepper and salt, and use this to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, coriander seed, and cilantro, and set aside for later use.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, and cook the onions until slightly caramelized.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown well.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the chicken, and mix to combine.
- Put the lid on and simmer for another 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.